Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Open eyed dreaming

I dream, awake, eyes open I stare off into space. Another world, soldeirs and knights, of fire breathing snakes and dragons that live in caves of ice. Captured princes, waiting to be rescued by the damsell, so not in distress. Tame the dragon, fly from the tower, prince safely in tow, they fight the witches curse and battle the evil, to keep death at bay. I dream of scattered crows, of black feathers glistening rainbow under the hot shine of the sun, falling softly towards the ground, yet as it touches the dirt, flowers spring up, blooming orchids, blossoming lilies, tigers roam this land, unicorns are black and their eyes glow red with hatred, not innocent or pure they feed on the pain of others to survive. I dream of stars that laugh at the folly of man and dance at weddings, leaving a shooting trail of sparks as they twirl and spin. Of soft breezes that transform into screaming gales of wind when threatened. Eyes glazed to the world around me, not hearing the chatter of those around me, dreaming of the sexual freedom of the niads and the lustful gazes of the satyrs. Of the nymphs who shriek and laugh as they run away playfully from the cupids, ignoring their lakes filled with fishes and unknown treasures. Dreams fill my mind and I thirst for more. Yet I am pulled brutally back into myself, the bell has rung. I grab my school bag and exit the classroom, the real world awaits me...

No comments:

Post a Comment